The Ultimate Dog Birthday Cake
There’s no better way to celebrate your furry best friend than a home-baked treat on their birthday! This dog cake recipe is sure to spoil your pup and it’s completely safe and dog-approved!
Packed with nutritious ingredients like apple sauce, pumpkin, and peanut butter frosting, this cake is sure to be your pets new favorite treat!
This recipe makes one 8” rounce cake, but the recipe can be doubled and layered if you have a few furry friends to feed! You’ll be able to throw this cake together in under an hour.
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup peanut butter
How to make the ultimate dog birthday cake!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the vegetable oil, peanut butter, applesauce, and pumpkin puree. Once that is combined, mix in the egg and mix until combined.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an 8” round pan. You can use a square pan as well, the shape doesn’t really matter (it’ll taste amazing either way!) Grease the pan with oil so nothing sticks.
Bake for approx 25-30 minutes. A trick is inserting a toothpick into the cake center. If it comes out clean and the cake springs back while being pressed lightly you’re good to go!
7. Get your wire rack and remove the cake from the pan by shaking and tapping it lightly. Let the cake cook on the rack.
- After cooling, add pup-friendly frosting if desired, (let’s be honest, why wouldn’t we add frosting!?)
1. Mix greek yogurt and peanut butter until they’re well combined.
Spread over the cake!
Hot tip: If the cake isn’t being served immediately, pop that sucker in the refrigerator. Can be topped with little dog biscuits! We don’t recommend lit candles.
Let us know if your pup loves their birthday cake on Instagram, @wagwear! We love seeing all dogs feel celebrated on their special day, and if we could have it our way we would give our dogs cake more often than not!