Frozen Watermelon Treats May 12 2020
Picture this, the spring weather is starting to get warmer and those rousing games of fetch leave your pup panting and hot. Pop one of these hydrating frozen watermelon treats in front of them and you’ve got the perfect summer cool down!
Thankfully, watermelon is one of those tasty fruits that dogs can benefit from and enjoy. Watermelon is 92% water, so these treats are a delicious way to ensure your pup stays hydrated in between fetch sessions! These are super low in calories and are rich in vitamins C, B6, and A, they are a perfect warm-weather alternative to store-bought treats.
To yield 30 frosty treats you’ll need:
- 2 cups seedless watermelon
- 1 cup coconut water or milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
Here’s what you need to do:
- The watermelon must be seedless for this recipe to work as dogs may have a hard time ingesting seeds. Start by scooping 2 cups out and adding it to the blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add the 1 cup coconut milk or water and the 1 tablespoon of honey and blend until mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays of your choosing and cover with plastic wrap or a sustainable option like beeswax wrap.
- Last, leave them to freeze overnight.
These frosty watermelon treats are not only healthy and safe for any pup, but they also add a little bit of fruity fun to any summer activity!
Photo by: @grrfeisty