Spring Activities To Do With Your Pup This May
Soak in the sunshine and sniff the flowers! Spring isn’t just an opportunity to transition from winter fashion it’s also a great time to go catch some much-needed vitamin D. From spring cleaning to discovering new and old places to hike, here are a few fun activities you can do with your dog that’ll put a spring in your step!
1. Give your dog’s wardrobe a PUPdate and do some spring cleaning! The transition from puffer jackets to puffer vests. Bring out the wagwellies mojave, which are perfect for warming temperatures and hot pavement. Launder any winter-specific items and prepare them for storage.
Visit a groomer to get your pup’s coat geared up for the season change. Many dogs adapt different coats depending on their climate. You can help them along by making sure they’re properly groomed!
Make sure you’re up to date with your dog's preventative medications as well so you can enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about fleas or ticks.
Drag out the ole trusty harness and leash and check to see if it needs to be updated or give it a good wash.
- Take your dog swimming! It might not be warm enough for you, but guaranteed after a few rounds of fetching your pup will be happy to run straight into the water. Swimming is a great activity to get geared up for the summer ahead. Don’t forget to bring a toy or two along with you!
- Plan a playdate. Get a few of your friends together and schedule a playdate at an off-leash park. Make it a picnic and enjoy the sunshine!
- Have a photoshoot. Changing seasons are the best time for cute photoshoots. Flowers, trees, and plants are starting to grow back and bloom under the lasting sun. Grab your favorite wagwear outfit, your phone camera, and hit the streets! Tag us @wagwear so we can see your dog's style.
- Hike somewhere new. Your dog is always glad to go anywhere with you new or old. Try a change of scenery to welcome in the new season. It’ll be refreshing for you and just as exciting for them.
- Exercise together. Running, walking, calisthenics outside, or yoga are just a few of the ways you can take your dog with you while you get a workout in. Fresh air, shining sun, fitness, and your furry best friend… what could be better?
These are just some ways you can take advantage of the spring season ahead and help your dog burn some excess energy!